Saturday, March 10, 2012

Classic teen Eldritch romance

Last year, or possibly the year before, I was passing through a local Waterstone's (this was long enough ago that it still had the apostrophe). In celebration of the literary master-work that is Twilight, an entire section was devoted to "vampire romance", and the centrepiece of the display was the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft. Well, romance, lovecraft, same difference, right?

I merely mention this because it amused me at the time. What has brought it back to my mind is the following link: http://cthulhuchick.com/free-complete-lovecraft-ebook-nook-kindle/. Yup, that's right. The complete works of H. P. Lovecraft in electronic format, because one's Kindle can never have too many words. Especially words like "eldritch", "gibbous" and "sussurrus". And if that wasn't enough, there's also a crochet pattern to make one's very own woolly Cthulhu! linky*

Anyway, it has inspired me to fish out my crochet hook and have a go. Depending on how well it goes, I may also make Cute Cuddly Cthulhu a teeny-tiny non-euclidean blankie embroidered with "That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.


A project: I haz one!

*(Important note: the crochet pattern above is American. American crochet uses the terms "single crochet" ("sc") and "double crochet" ("dc") to mean what those of us on this side of the pond call "double" and "triple". Ta to my mum for that tip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment