Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Low-light childcare

 
I really like my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens. It was by far the cheapest lens I bought (ignore the £130 price tag on that link: various well-known online retailers will sell it for much less - I think I paid £76 last year), and yet it's probably taken all my best "people" shots - not to mention some lovely nightscapes.


It's great in a pub: people don't realise they're being photographed because there's no flash going off, so everyone looks relaxed. And it's really great at capturing children in pubs - though I haven't quite worked out why, or what this says about my approach to child-care.




Everybody appears luminescent and warm. And much though I'd love to claim that it's because I'm a great photographer, I don't think it is - passing the camera to other people gives just the same results:


No comments:

Post a Comment