Saturday, June 15, 2013

Stolen Bike!

An old photo of my bike. It did not have the panniers when stolen.

My pootling-about-town bike was stolen today, 15th June. It was parked at Leatherhead Station at ten in the morning, and when I got back at about ten thirty in the evening, it was gone!

The bike wasn't anything special, but it was quite distinctive: a green Claude Butler Ladies' frame bike (the model was "Cotswold", though I think that range is long-discontinued). The rear mudguard was torn and repaired with duct tape, and the front wheel has Mavic open-pro rims on a black Shimano 105 hub. Also, it had Crank Bros "Candy" pedals - so eggbeather-type pedals with a flat plastic side to allow cycling in normal shoes.

If anyone sees this bike, either in Surrey or on eBay, I'd appreciate knowing. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment